Outlook 2007 Email Setup
Add a new email account
1. Launch Outlook 2007
2. Select Tools from the top menu bar, then Accounts Settings
Create new account
3. On the Account Settings pop-up, click New on the E-mail tab
Choose e-mail service
4. Select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP and click Next
5. Tick the Manually configure server settings or additional server types checkbox and click Next
Select Internet Email
6. Select Internet E-mail and then click Next
7. Enter all the relevant details (Select ‘POP3’ as the server type) and then click More Settings
Under Incoming Server you can also use mail.your-domain.com
Outgoing Server Settings
8. Click on the Outgoing Server tab and ensure that the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox is selected, as well as Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
9. Select the ‘Advanced’ tab
10. Set the Incoming Server (POP) port to the default setting, 110
11. Set the Outgoing Server (SMTP) port to 587
12. Click OK to save these settings
13. Click Next and Finish
14. Your Outlook mail program should now be set up to send and receive mail
SMTP Outgoing Mail Error
If you get an outgoing mail error during setup you may need to change the SMTP details select the details from the list below.
For 8TA (Eita), the outgoing server is smtp.saix.net
For MWEB ADSL, outgoing server is relay.mweb.co.za or smtp.mweb.co.za or smtp.mweb.net
For Vodacom 3G, outgoing server is smtp.vodacom.co.za
For MTN 3G, the outgoing server is mail.mtn.co.za
For Cell C the outgoing server is mail.cmobile.co.za
For Iburst, outgoing server is smtp.iburst.co.za
For Neotel, outgoing server is smtp.neomail.co.za
Should you still get an error click More settings click Outgoing server and Untick My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
Alternatively contact the data supplier for their SMTP details.
Incoming Mail Error
1.Ensure you are connected to the internet by opening a web page
2.Ensure your user name is your full email address
3.If you think it may be a password error please contact us to rest it
To make your name instead of your emaill address appear when sending mail go into your account settings
Go into the account to change (Double click it)
Click the General tab
Fill in the first section where your email address is showing.
Cick Next and/or Finish